So What is a Boudoir Shoot All About?
This blog post is archived. It was posted in 2013.
The information in archived posts may be out of date. We archive all posts older than three years.
So what's a boudoir shoot all about? It's about you. A boudoir shoot can be anything you want it to be and there are so many different reasons to have boudoir photos taken. We try to make all of our boudoir shoots fun and relaxed. It's also a great idea to bring a supportive friend along with you. Your friend will be able to see all of the photos on a computer screen as we are taking them, and they are welcome to give suggestions and encouragement.
Different Types of Boudoir Shoots
Not all boudoir shoots have to be filled with lingerie and sexy poses. Sometimes some of the most beautiful photos are the natural, carefree ones. Your favorite comfy sweater falling off your bare shoulder or you wearing your guy's favorite jersey can actually make for some very sexy photos.
We will style the shoot to match your personality. If you want your shoot to be super sexy and seductive, we can make that happen. If you want your shoot to have a more fun and playful tone, we can make that happen too. You can even have your photos taken outdoors if you want. It really is all up to you.
Here are some different styles of boudoir photos from recent shoots:
click to view more samples of our Boudoir Photography.
Reasons for Getting Boudoir Photos Taken:
There are so many reasons to have boudoir photos taken of yourself. Boudoir photos make great gifts but they can also be just a fun thing to do for yourself.
- Bridal Boudoir Photos: If you are getting married, these are a great thing to give your Groom right before you walk down the aisle
- Boudoir photos make great gifts for pretty much any occasion
- Do it for yourself. It's a fun, liberating experience that will always allow you to remember how good you looked at that time in your life
- Bachelorette Party: Doing a group boudoir session is a great activity to do at a bachelorette party
- You will look stunning. There is no need to feel self-conscious during these shoots. We know every trick in the book and guarantee you will look your absolute best.
- You get to buy lots of sexy outfits! Use this shoot as an excuse to treat yourself to something special. Go buy some outfits that you usually wouldn't!
- It's a chance to feel truly glamorous for a day. This is your chance to be as girly and as over the top as you want to be.
- Everyone woman deserves to have one photo of themselves that they look at and think "WOW! Is that really me?!"
Boudoir Shoot Tips:
- Buy some new outfits that you feel your absolute best in
- Treat yourself to getting your hair done and a mani/pedi before your shoot
- Bring a friend. They will help keep you relaxed and looking your best throughout the shoot
- Find boudoir photos that you really like to help give us an idea of what kind of look and style you want for your shoot
- Be confident. You are going to look great. I promise.
Common Questions & Concerns
How long does a boudoir shoot take?
- A boudoir shoot generally takes about 1-2 hours depending on which package you choose. We encourage you to change outfits throughout the shoot. We will also experiment with different lighting techniques to get you the best results possible.
How many photos will I receive?
- You can expect to receive up to 50-70 high resolution digitally retouched photos of yourself. They will print beautifully!
Should I bring someone with me?
- YES! It is always a good idea to bring a friend. They know you better than we do and will be a great support system during your shoot. Just make sure you bring an encouraging friend who will help cheer you on.
How many outfits should I bring?
- We recommend you bring between 1-4 outfits depending on which package you choose and a pair of your favorite shoes, but the more the merrier!
Will my photos ever be shown without my permission?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT! We respect your privacy and guarantee your personal photos will never be shown without your explicit permission.
A Behind the Scenes Look at a Boudoir Shoot