For years now, I have been stuck in rental properties and all my precious tools lived in a storage unit in Goochland. With this, one of my creative outlets was also shelved. Recently the Universe blessed us with the ability to purchase our first house. While I love my house and it is so much better than what we used to have, there is so much to improve. There are so many outdated and poorly installed items begging me to fix them. I decided to put my journey of DIY on this blog. Because what's better than beautiful pictures of happy couples .... myspace styled selfies of me proud of what I have created.
The first project I took on was this ugly sticky tile in the sunroom. Thanks to a little Christmas money, I was able to purchase almost all of the materials needed to fix this room up. We wanted to go with a slate look but I wanted to stick with porcelain tile. We went to our local Lowes and we found some cool 12x24 rectangle tiles. The first step was to remove the old tile, remove the glue, seal the concrete floor with RedGaurd, and begin tiling. I hope to grout, add some trim, and paint this week after work.
Peace old tile!
After waiting 14 hours for the pink to dry, I called in for some help. My dad @artguy804, has done his share of tile work. He said this would be his 9th floor. He came in and taught me all of his tricks. He helped get me halfway done and let me go on my own.
Thanks for checking out my project. Be on the look out for Part 2, where I finish this room.