jada parrish
2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com

2020 Am I Right?

By Jada Parrish

Posted: 09/05/20
Category: Conceptual Portraits

I remember December 31, 2019. As the clock ticked closer to midnight and the start of a new decade, I felt so hopeful. I really thought 2020 was going to be the start of some amazing new things. I had goals I wanted to achieve and a plan for where I wanted my life to go during this new decade.

The first 2.5 months of the year were a blast. Travel was one of our main objectives for 2020. So we started the year off by going to Spain in January, Las Vegas in February, and Los Angeles in March.

But by mid-March grocery shelves were empty, and we couldn't leave our home. With such drastic change brought intense emotions. Some days were fine, and I enjoyed the quiet pace of life. Others were filled with immense frustration and sadness. Some were filled with nothing more than boredom. And other days I was just angry. 

We wanted to showcase the hopefulness we felt at the start of the year along with the frustration, sadness, and loneliness that found its way to us over the past few months. My sister was kind enough to hop in front of our camera and be our model for this session. It felt good to make some art that really represented our own emotions during this tumultuous year. So to everyone who has struggled this year, this shoot is for you.

2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com  2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com  2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com2020 Am I Right - Image Property of www.j-dphoto.com

Photoraphy: Jada + David

Model: Holly Zajur

Hair: Ashley Sanchez

Makeup: Nicole Laughlin

Dress: Sachin + Babi

Set Design: David Parrish

Category: Conceptual Portraits

Post Tags:

2020New Years EveFashion PhotographyEditorial PhotographyPurple RoomStudio PhotographyCreative PortraitsLos AngelesRVA

handmadeRVA